Deserves Better Proteins…
…and so do you. Sustainable, ethical, and purposeful, we create better proteins in a better way.
Sustainability is at the core of what we do. Innately animal-free and powered by precision fermentation, Geltor delivers more sustainable protein solutions for beauty, wellness, and beyond. As we continue to expand our product offering and into new industries we are focused on making a positive impact people and the planet through the power of biotechnology.
Better Proteins are Made with Fermentation
Fermentation is a natural and non-extractive process. Using microorganisms and simple inputs, like sugar, salt, and water, we produce high-performing protein ingredients in the same way beer is brewed or cheese is cultured. Our precision fermentation process is:
- Conscious: Using renewable, locally-sourced plant based inputs
- Greener: solvent-free, with no harsh chemicals, and minimal waste
- Controlled: to ensure the highest quality and purity proteins
Better Proteins are Animal Free
Beyond satisfying the growing demand for animal-free beauty and wellness, our proteins deliver real alternatives to animal-derived collagen sources that have been linked to negative environmental and ethical impacts, including deforestation and human rights. Our biodesigned proteins and polypeptides are:
- Certified Vegan by the Vegan Society
- Certified Vegan and Cruelty Free by PETA
- Always 100% Animal free
Better Proteins are Accessible and Inclusive
The evolution of biotechnology is empowering a new frontier of sustainable solutions. Our proven ability to scale our technology is sparking progress, helping industries adopt and transition to new sources of proteins that replace animal-derived and less sustainable sources. Geltor proteins for beauty and wellness are:
- Free from ethical, dietary or religious concerns, unlocking a world of potential
- Commercially scalable, enabling innovative and conscious ingredients for products and customers of all volume and price points
- A real alternative to traditional protein sources with a more planet-friendly process and product
LCA Coming Soon!
Since completing a Life Cycle Analysis in 2020 that revealed striking environmental advantages, we have continued to improve our processes. We are now in the process of completing an updated LCA. Stay tuned for more information!